Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was great we were here in Salinas with all of my brothers and sisters for once. I cant remember when the last time we were all together was. It all started a few months back when Randy called and said he would be coming this year for thanksgiving and so it was going to be fun. We had a great day full of food and games of all varieties. We actually made a whole week of different things that we were doing. April came in on Saturday and then it was Randy on Tuesday, and Scott and Trish didn't end up here until thanksgiving morning due to the roads being closed they couldn't get out of Idaho. So we went on Wednesday and saw the new Disney movie Tangled and we all loved it!!! So good I always love it when Disney goes back to the good old classics!!! So good!! Then it was thanksgiving, we all decided to make something to go with dinner, so there was a bit of everything from the turkey and roast to the stuffing and mashed potatoes (2 kinds) glazed carrots and green beans with bacon, etc. etc. you get the idea! Lots of good food and fun. I was quite happy to report that Brianne was a good cousin and didn't get into any fights so I am always happy about that. I think she is really getting better I love it. She is a cutie! We did go and get all the black Friday ads and that is always fun to see are we or aren't we going to brave the middle of the night and go shopping, well i didn't think I was going to go but yes there were a few deals that I just couldn't pass up. However I did do some shopping Thursday night after we ate and got some great deals as well. But yes I was up at 3am to go out and we were home a little after 4 and I went back to bed. I did get up and go back out once costco opened but it wasn't bad at all. I even went to walmart and got right in and out. So all and all it was a great holiday and I am truly grateful to have wonderful family to share the time with. It really makes you realize how blessed we really are!!