Monday, April 4, 2011

Alex broke his arm?!?!?

Yes so on Feb 23rd after school Alex decided he was going to go and play on the play structure in stead of going into his Nana's classroom to do his homework... Well now we know what happens when you are not doing what you are supposed to be doing. So as he was hanging from a chin up bar (not the short one but the one that is like 6ft off the ground) he lost his grip and landed wrong on his arm. Needless to say I quickly got a phone call that he most likely broke his arm and I would need to come and get him and take him to the Dr. So I did, now none of my children have really broken a bone that would need to be put in a cast, (Alex when he was almost 4 broke his collar bone and that is one that can not be put in a cast.) so anyhow I took him right in now mind you its like 3:45 by the time I get to the Dr.'s office and then he sends us over for x-rays and we all know how long that takes. So needless to say after we got out of there and back to the Dr.'s for a reading of the x-rays well the orthopedists office was closed for the night. We would have to go the next day. Which we did and yes not only did he break his arm close to the elbow but he had a hairline fracture in his wrist, so it was a half cast for a week with a sling. That was not fun, he was in pain and we did feel sorry for him, I think sleeping was the worst thing it was hard for him not to sleep on his arm. So after a week in the half cast so all the swelling could go down it was back to the orthopedist for a full on cast.


He looks happy but he really wasn't all that happy I mean who is when you know you will have to wear a cast for 4 weeks.


I actually had to help a bit by holding his thumb and such so I didn't get too many pictures but he wanted a green cast. He said it was warm and it did hurt a tiny bit.



So here he is all done just need to go and take some more x-rays before we go. I would not want to be him not being able to move your arm for 4 weeks not a very fun thing at all. I will do a follow up once I have all the other pictures of his cast coming off.