Saturday, July 3, 2010

The end of the School year....

Well I know that I am pretty far behind on my blogging so I figured that I would try and get all the stuff in that happened the last week of school for the kids. It was a lot of fun they had so many activities it was a lot of fun. It started off with Brianne's last day of school which was in May a few weeks before the others got out, so she had some time to just be with mom and have a good time trying to help at the kids school with all the activities.

This was her last day getting her little gift from Teacher Karen and the scrapbook that I worked on for hours and hours.
So then it was History Day and the kids had a blast as usual they all had to dress up in costume and had a great day touring the classrooms and enjoying ancient Egypt. The 7th and 8th graders put on a play each year and the kids all love it.

OK so there were several other activities that we did from the field day to the skating party and then there was the school dance for the 6th, 7th, & 8th graders. (lets be real I don't really think there was much dancing going on. Just talking, hanging out and listening to music.) I have to say I didn't take the camera to the skating party or field day since there was so much going on and it was the first time that I took Brianne to the skating party for the first time it was so much fun to help her skate and watch her go she had a blast. So did the other kids but it was fun to watch Bri for the first time. We finally got to the last day of school and they had graduation and promotion for the 5-8th graders, also there are some awards that are given out to students in several categories, last year Taylor received and award as a 5th grader and we were very excited. So this year I wasn't expecting anything since I think they like to spread them out a bit. So to our surprise she received the academic achievement award we were so happy for her I had to grab the camera since I wasn't expecting it and get a few pictures, so there is one of her where Don Chapin is giving her the award,( he is the school board president), and my mom of course giving her a hug. The other picture is of her getting her certificate of promotion form 6th grade so now I actually have a 7th grader in our house and I can tell you all its quite fun. I know she is totally going to love every minute of her 2 years left at Lagunita she has a great teacher for next year and she is really excited.