Thursday, June 10, 2010

Field trip with Alex's class

I know I am a little behind on my blogging and what's been going on with my little family over here, but as you all know how busy we all get. So I am finally going to sit down and talk about a few things we have done over the past few months and how much fun it has been.

Ok so to start off with I was able to go on a field trip with Alex's class at school. We went on the Oneil Sea Odessey. It was so much fun. They take you out on a pontune boat and the kids are actually learning all about sea life and the plants and animals that live here in the ocean around us. They collect samples of water and various life forms and then when we get back to the dock they look at them under a microscope. It was so cool. Also while they are on the boat they have little classes as well; each child gets to take a turn stearing, as well as learning how to sail. They also had to put up the sail and in one of the pictures below Alex was the last man in the line and it was his job to coil the rope so it didn't get tangled. I was glad taht I got to experience it with Alex he was so excited that I was able to go with him on the field trip, I had to find a sitter for Bri since it was an all day event. We didn't get back to school untill late in the afternoon. It was a lot of fun and I would do it again in a heart beat.



Here are the kids pulling real hard to get the sail up.

Alex hanging out on the side of the boat.

One of the classes they had while on the boat.