Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hiking the Pinnacles

This past memorial day we decided to go hiking at the Pinnacles with the Locke's and the Powley's, It was a ton of fun. We started out early in the morning for the drive over there, to the Hollister side. We didn't want to be hiking in the heat of the day. I was glad that it never got that hot I think the most was about 85 degrees. So all in all not to bad. It was pretty funny that on the way up there Brianne was chatting with us in the van talking about how she couldn't whistle and that she thought she needed to have surgery to fix it, Dan and I were cracking up it was so funny. Here are a few pictures from our adventure.
So this is the kids thinking that they were leading the way. They were great!
We had to take a snack break and then all the kids wer very excited that i had brought gum with me, I was cracking up. Everyone of them had to have some.
So into the caves we go, it was a bit dark so the kids wither wore a head lamp or had a flashlight.


Out on the other side and the girls had to pose for the picture they are so funny. They just love hanging out together.
Dan and the kids on the other side.
At the end of the caves before we left and headed back we had to take a group shot of all the kids. Brianne's expression always cracks me up. She totally loved it thought the caves were so awesome.


Now the treck back Brianne was such a trooper, she walked almost the whole way I think there was only about 5 minutes each way that she needed to be carried. Which is a big change from the last time we did the hike a few years ago when she had to be carried almost the whole way there and back. I was so proud of her it was great.

We did have to stop and get the pictures of the poppies on the way back.

After the long and I mean long hike we had a great lunch at the tables with everyone it was a great day.
The boys filled out the booklets that the ranger's gave them so they turned them in and were sworn in as deputy rangers and each got a patch for it. They thought it was great.

Ok so one of the best parts was the drive home when Brianne was so tired that she just fell asleep, Dan and I were cracking up, it was so cute I had to take a picture. We had a great time that day with friends and I am sure that we will do more together in the future. The kids have so much fun together.