Our Trip to Washington was great!!
We started out on Thursday night so we could get there by Friday morning so we would be there in time for Dan's grandma's frunal. Grandma Fife was a super wonderful woman. She was full of love for everyone she was around. I always remember when we would visit with her she was always so wonderful and sweet. There were many times when we would play cards at the house and she would always have fun and laugh with us. Those were some good times. So our drive started at about 5:30pm and Laurie came with us for our lovely car ride, it was funny the kids watched some movies and I drove till about 10:30 then Dan took over and all the way with Laurie keeping us talking and awake. Well actually I was totally awake and a bit on the hiper side at 2am it was really funny. So I took over driving for Dan at that point and Laurie tried to sleep while i was listening to my ipod jamming away. Then I did notice that she couldn't sleep so we talked till about 5:30am and it was at that point that I hit a wall and was done driving. I was so tired and I couldn't sleep in the car the kids were awake by then luckly we arrived at Ken and MarGene's and Laurie and I hit the sack. I slept for a couple of hours and then we just kind of relaxed the rest of the day. Dan and Laurie went up to Seattle for the viewing and I stayed home with the kids and we watched a movie. Then it was off to bed and I was so glad to get some sleep.
Day 2 Saturday...
Today we spent a wonderful day with family to celebrate the life of Grandma Fife, its always sad to see someone pass and return to our Father in Heaven, but at the same time we know she is in a much better place and out of the pain that she was always in. She was a wonderful woman. I loved the pictures that were there grandpa and grandma look so cute together. It was also good to see all the family that we hardly ever get to see so sometimes good can come out of sad events. I loved the group picture I was cracking up at all the kids trying to stay still, as you can see Brianne was not one of them.