Friday, February 26, 2010

Spelling Bee Winner!

Yesterday Taylor had the school spelling bee. First they have to take a written test and then out of the 6th thru 8th grades the top 3 kids from each grade move up to do the oral one. Well she was one of the 3 in the sixth grade and so then all 9 kids did the bee. Taylor ended up winning you would think she would be happy however she was not. She told me later that "mom I never thought I would actually win. I didn't want to win." She is a bit nervous since now she will be going on to the County spelling bee and she's nervous since she wont know any other kids there. She is so cute it cracks me up we are so very proud of her. She is such a smart girl. Both Dan and I told her that it didn't matter how far she makes it in the next bee but that we are so happy for her and so proud of her accomplishments.

So this is her this morning going up to receive her 1st place ribbon in front of the whole school.


These are the other kids who came in 2nd and 3rd. (behind them the principle (my mom) and the student body officers.