Wow does time fly Taylor is 11, I can hardly believe it I was looking through pictures the other day when she was in preschool and she was just so cute. She is still cute but she is growing up. Her day started by going to school where we took brownies for her class and we had some left over so we made a plate for the other teachers at the school to enjoy as well. It was also the end of the quarter and they were doing the awards at school in morning. She of course got principles honor roll since she has a 4.12 grade point average, she is such a smart cookie!! She also got student of the month.
You can tell she has such a straight face its so funny I know she enjoys getting the awards but she wouldn't let you know it.

Ok so for the rest of her actual birthday on the 5th she has been taking sewing lessons that she got for Christmas, well there was a class on her birthday and we told her that she could just go to the next one, however I was informed that she was not missing her class and that we could do the actual celebrating of her birthday on Saturday. I was cracking up. So that night at sewing class she made pajama pants, totally loved them i think they are really cute. She is planning on wearing them to PJ day at school.

Alright so this was Saturday and after i finally got her to change her clothes into a new outfit that she got from her Aunt Kim, she was ready to go. Too cute if you ask me! She was ready to go roller blading we got her some for her birthday I am glad she asked for that and not something more extravagant. She had a great time all afternoon.


She insisted on having a white or yellow cake the frosting didn't really matter but the cake did. I had fun making it I wanted to do it a little different so we went with a round one I think it turned out pretty good.
Alright so this was Saturday and after i finally got her to change her clothes into a new outfit that she got from her Aunt Kim, she was ready to go. Too cute if you ask me! She was ready to go roller blading we got her some for her birthday I am glad she asked for that and not something more extravagant. She had a great time all afternoon.
She insisted on having a white or yellow cake the frosting didn't really matter but the cake did. I had fun making it I wanted to do it a little different so we went with a round one I think it turned out pretty good.
More sewing Nana and papa gave her a sewing book that is like 85 or so things to do with a yard of fabric, and a gift card to go along with it. So it was off to Beverly's to get some material so she could make a skirt. It turned out so so cute!! I was so proud of her she only needed a tiny bit of help from Nana. She wore it to church today and she looked so so cute!!
This last picture is the 15 square quilt that she made at her second sewing class, the first class she made a lap quilt and gave it to little papa cuz he is always cold. I will have to get a picture of that as well. She did it all by herself even the ironing and tying and the hand sewing that had to be done.
I have to say I think she takes after my grandmother, she could do anything. You name it sewing, crafts, painting. I think the time Taylor spent waiting to come to earth she was getting schooled by her so that she could keep the legacy alive. Taylor loves all the craft things that she did. I am so glad that I can tell her all about my grandmother when she is doing all her crafts and helping her to get to know her thru crafts. It was a great birthday weekend. Taylor is a great helper and we love having her in our family it wouldn't be complete without her.