Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The First Day of School!!

The first day of school is finally here!!!!! Yea!! The kids have been so excited for school to start it is a crack up. This month we really focused on getting everything ready just in case I had he baby before school started. However no it didn't happen and I will be having it today, so we were able to go with them to school this morning. As they got up I told them all ok here is the plan I want you to eat first, then bush your teeth then get dressed and finally we will do hair and take the first day of school pictures that I have to have every year. Well it was kinda funny as none of them were really very hungry they were so excited for school to actually start that it was cute. So we compromised by making smoothies and that seemed to satisfy them. Then it was ok lets get ready and take pictures and get off to school.


We had to take a group shot which cracked me up they were being a little cheesy and all and Brianne is a little ham. I couldn't decide which one to post so I did both of them. Now for the individual shots.


Taylor was very excited about her picture this year only because of her outfit. She made the top and was very excited to wear it for the first day. She did a really good job on it and she totally loves it. Wow I can hardly believe that Taylor is going into 8th grade I can not believe how fast the time has actually gone by. Dan and I were just talking about how we will be taking her to seminary next year and wow that makes you stop and think.


Brianne like I said our little ham is so funny she has had her outfit picked out for a while now her peach shirt wick is actually a scratch and sniff shirt. I know too funny she loves it. I am so glad Brianne will be in 1st grade this year, I know she is so excited since she will get to be in school all day. (I am really excited about that as well) I am hoping that it will make her a bit more tired when it comes time for her to go to bed at night! Lets hope.


Alex Picked his outfit out last night and had to wear the Diary of a wimpy kid shirt which he thinks is so funny, I think he laughs about it a lot. I am glad we finally got one of him actually smiling, he told us he wanted to be serious, I thought that was kinda funny. He is actually so excited to go into 5th grade. I can hardly believe that he is that old. I think he will do great.


Taylor all lined up listening to announcements for the first day of school. She is so good at paying attention to what is going on and being very attentive and polite to those who are speaking.


Brianne on the there had just cracks me up so is so funny, she is in a new line this year with her new class and I know she was so excited!


Then it was off to class and there goes Alex with his new back pack which he thinks i just so awesome, his last backpack lasted him for 5 years so I guess it does have something to say about who makes it. We would go shopping and he was ready to just grab the first thing off the shelf and I kept telling him that I wanted to get him another Jansport one since they last a ling time, so finally we got one and he couldn't be happier. Oh the things that they worry about sometimes just cracks me up.


Well this is Taylor's class she sits in the back of the room since she and one other student will be taking math this year online from BYU since they will be going into Geometry, and all the rest of the 7th & 8th graders will only be doing pre-algebra and algebra, which they had last year and passed with flying colors. She sure is a smarty!!


Alex Also sits in the back and he looks a bit relaxed and excited at the same time, we had gone out to the school on Monday to help my mom with a few things and he ended up helping his new teacher Mr. Wood, so I think that got him even more excited to be in his class. So much fun I know he will do great!


Ok so here is Brianne in class, now when I first went in to the classroom I was in shock because there was my child sitting in her seat and being totally quiet and listening and not talking to her neighbor or anything like that, I think she has actually grown up a bit because in Kindergarten she was a talker. Now I know I shouldn't get my hopes up this is just the first day and all, but I think its a good start. I guess I will have to see how it went when I pick them all up today. I am excited that they are so happy to start school and have a love of learning that they want to succeed in it. So here is to a happy new school year and one full of adventures with our little family.