Monday, May 9, 2011
Mother's Day 2011
What a wonderful time to reflect on being a mom and a great time to have your husband and children spoil you!! This year was great although I didn't take any pictures its ok. The kids all made something for me at school, which was very cute for Brianne it was these cute magnets with pictures on them, and who can't use more magnets on their fridge to hang up all their work. Taylor made a cute picture frame, now I just need to find what picture I want to put in it. Alex gave me a really cute card that was in the shape of a watering can and when you opened it up it held a packet of flower seeds to plant in the front yard, so that might be an activity that we tackle this coming weekend. As for all of them together they were so cute and gave me a new robe and earrings that I always need more of, however I think that Taylor has already worn two of the pair and I have only had them now for two days. Its quite funny. I think if she could she would raid my earrings everyday. At least Brianne doesn't have pierced ears yet, she is still a little young for that. I was very happy to be able to sleep in on a Sunday and Dan didn't have to go off to any church meetings so they all made me breakfast in bed, I always love that part, especially since we don't start church till 12:20. This year I asked for waffles, bacon and orange juice, I have to say it was quite yummy and the kids had a great time helping to make it for me. It was a wonderful day at church as well, all the lessons and talks were great and we received a great DVD with some Mormon messages and talks about mothers on it. So all in all it was a great mother's day. I am very thankful to have wonderful children and a wonderful husband that make my life so special. They really are the best!!