Thursday, November 11, 2010

November is Here!!

Well I thought it was time to change my blog background with Halloween done and all it was time. I can hardly believe that November is here. It seems like just yesterday that it was new years and we were celebrating and then it was off to Hawaii and Dan's birthday. But then before I knew it we were on to Taylor's birthday and so on and on. When June came and we got out of school and went on our trip to Washington and Brianne had her birthday time was seeming to fly by. I stop and think wow were did the summer go. Before we knew it we were back in school and in the swing of things. With Brianne in Kinder and Alex in 4 th grade and oh my gosh Taylor in 7th we have been a bit busy. Well then August rolled into September and September into October and we were at Alex's birthday, and I have to say since then it has all been a snowball of things happening. Between church callings, school Dan's work schedule and going out of town every so often the time seems to simply fly by and now that leaves us to where we are now, November. I am excited for the fall, (not that Salinas really has one its still warm) but it means getting ready for Thanksgiving and the joy of being with family. I have to admit that I have already been out Christmas shopping so that I can really try and get it all done. Since we are going to Washington this year at Christmas it should be a great time! So here is to a wonderful holiday season where we try to really remember first what we are thankful for and how we got here to begin with and how we live in this great country! Not to mention all the wonderful blessings that God gives us on a daily basis. I am glad that we have this time to reflect in November on all the good that is in our lives. Then its onto December when we celebrate the birth of our Savior and all that he has done for us, I am glad that we have thanksgiving first I think it sets the tone for Christ. I hope that we all can remember through the hustle and bustle of the season that we stop and think and take a minute or two to ponder and think of everything that we have, and remember who gave it all to us.