Monday, November 22, 2010
A conversation with Brianne
Last night it was so funny I have to say. Brianne is only five but she wants to be so much older, I often hear her talking about driving and when is it her turn to learn. When is it time to get baptized and when does she get to be in charge. Well you get the point she just wants to be older. Well last night after reading scriptures she was a bit mad and was upset cuz i wouldn't let her do something like stay up past her bed time, anyway it was so funny this was our conversation. me "Brianne when you get older you will be able to do all the things you want. when you grow up and live on your own you get to be the boss. right now just enjoy being 5." Brianne, "but mom why can't I do that now why do I have to wait its not fair." me "it's ok we have all had to wait and when you are all grown up and have a house of your own and a family of your own you can do all the things you want to do and be in charge." (she always wants to be in charge and tell everyone what to do.) Brianne " but mom (now the tears have started) i don't even know how to get the baby out of my tummy." oh my gosh I was trying so hard not to laugh it was so funny I never would have thought about the whole baby thing it was so funny. I did simply tell her that she didn't need to worry about that yet. Oh what funny things come out of that girls mind. She makes me laugh, sometimes i think her spirit is very old for her little 5 yr old body. oh the joys of being a mom!