Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Let's go ride a bike...

Monday Brianne and Alex decided that while Taylor was at a friends house swimming they would ride bikes in the front yard. Brianne got on Taylor's old bike with training wheels and wanted to give it a try. She was a crack up as she went up and down the sidewalk riding back and forth. It was too cute and every time she passed me or saw me outside watching she asked or rather told me to take more pictures. She had a great time.


At one point she wanted to try out Alex's bike that did not have training wheels on it, she was very cute trying to keep her balance while dad was helping her to stay up. She said that the bike with the training wheels was a little bit easier, so she went back to that one.


Then it was Alex's turn, he has finally asked me to take the training wheels off of his bike and I was very excited that he finally was ready to take hat step. At first he was all over the place and I started to think that he was not going to get it, however after Dan ran up and down the sidewalk with him, we thought maybe there was a chance. He took a short break so that Brianne could try and I think that is when it finally clicked that he was not going to let his little sister do something that he couldn't do. So he was back on the bike.



He started gaining some more confidence as they were going. I especially like how he would stick out his tongue sticking out I was cracking up as I looked at the pictures!

And there you have it you can see him sticking it out as Dan let go, it was funny but he was finally starting to get it!!! YEA!!!

With a little more practice he got it was Dan didn't have to help him at all, now he still ran behind him just in case he fell, but I was pretty sure that he was going to be fine.


I love this final picture that I took from the side and you can get a great look at his face he was so happy that he finally got it! Afterwards he was excited and ready to keep practicing for as long s we would let him or until he got tired, then he was happy to put the bike up and throw the football around with daddy, papa and uncle Cameron.

It was a great day I am so proud of my kids finally taking some steps, it took them a while but I knew they would finally get it. He did have to go out and practice a bit more before it got dark and before he had to get ready for bed. What fun!