Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween 2012

Wow Halloween this year seemed like it lasted forever, well actually just the whole weekend and to finally end on Halloween.  We started off withe the kids at school having their parties and parade on the Friday before Halloween due to the lower grade teachers being out of the classroom on Halloween.  So that meant parties and getting all dressed up as well as the school parade.  
 So this year Alex wanted to be a mummy, now you would think that would be easy, well I thought so and in theory it wasn't that bad, I went to the fabric store and they had aged muslin and I thought oh this is great I will just rip it into strips and we will wrap him up.  That was the plan and it worked (well kinda).  By the end of the day when it came time for the actual parade he was unraveled quite a bit, but he had a great time and loved his costume.
 Brianne wanted to be a few different things but she finally decided on being a baby, (so funny) although when I asked her if I could put her hair in pigtails well that was a definite no!  She said "mom I will look stupid"  I had a good laugh since she is so funny when it comes to her hair, but I was glad that she let me put in a half pony with ribbons.  She also didn't want to wear the bib for school either.  But all in all she had a great time.  I am one of the room mom's for her class and had all the party stuff ready so I got to help with that and she was quite happy.
 Then it was time for the parade but not before we got a picture of all the teachers and the principal, I thought this was so cute and fun!
 
 Parade time and as you can see Bri is just walking no worries as Alex is all unraveling and slapping every ones hands as he walks by.  After a long day of fun school activities we rested up on Friday night to have our friends over on Saturday night for dinner, fun and pumpkin carving.
 
 
 
 As you can tell the kids are having a great time all intent on getting their pumpkins done, Lily even tried to help Brianne scoop out her goo.  So much fun!
 
 
 
 I love that they all have these super intense looks on their faces and they concentrate so hard on what they are doing.  It was a great time to hang out with our friends and let the kids have a great time together.  We always love getting together with the Garner's and Pedro's and I am glad we all enjoy each others company!
 
 So here are my 3 kids pumpkins Brianne carved her all by herself and designed it too.  Alex was going for a perry the platypus and I love the little mini one that he carved as well.  Taylor went for Mickey and she did a great job!!  So now that we finished that all we had to do was wait for Halloween night to come, the kids wanted to go trick or treating with their friends in Spreckles so we got all dressed up and headed over. 
 As you can tell this time I told Brianne I was going to help her and it was ok to do her hair and wear the bib and all.  She really liked the added touch of freckles, she does have some of her own but of course not that dark.
 Taylor wanted to be a witch, and that was great she was a bit understated but enjoyed it anyway.
Lily was my little elephant and she was so super cute I could hardly stand it!! I love babies and their costumes they are so stinking cute!
 Here is the whole gang and Alex is all mummified up again and we hope this time the wrapping wold stay a bit better so who knows we will have to see.
 My little elephant roaring (well yawning)  she is so cute!  that was before going out!
 She was a great little trooper had a ton of fun just hanging in her stroller as we went with our big group, she stayed nice and warm in her costume and had a great time!
 As we were out Brianne ran into one of her classmates and they had to get a picture together!  They were cute.  All in all it was a great night and Alex did come unraveled but that's ok he had a great time with his friends and that's all that matters.  I have to say I am glad that Halloween is over and now we can get onto the next set of holidays which will be a lot of fun!  Halloween 2012 is now in the books so until next year!